Form Preparation & Management
Savvy College Funding Solutions will professionally guide, prepare, manage and submit your FAFSA and CSS/Financial Aid Profile forms.
We understand that college financial aid forms can be complicated and confusing for some parents. Our goal is to educate and guide families through the process in a secure, organized and stress free manner.
The FAFSA is the foundation and gateway financial aid application to all federal and state financial aid. FAFSA uses a Federal Methodology to determine your families Expected Family Contribution (EFC), your eligibility for "need" based federal loans and grants.
The CSS/Financial Aid Profile is used by many private colleges to assess the student’s eligibility for the college’s own institutional aid dollars. The CSS/Financial Aid Profile uses the Institutional Methodology to determine how much your student will be granted in "merit" based aid.
In the case of divorced parents, the CSS Profile Noncustodial form is sometimes required by a specific college. We will confirm if your selected college requires a Noncustodial form.
There are two financial aid forms with two methodologies of calculating a student’s expected family contribution. The income reported on both aid forms used to be the income from the prior year’s tax return, but in 2015 a change to the so-called prior – prior year (PPY) format of reporting income was announced and went into effect in October of 2016 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Our fees for the above services are a flat fee and are as follows:
- FAFSA (Free Registration)
- FAFSA & CSS/Financial Aid Profile
- Noncustodial Profile
- FAFSA, CSS/Financial Aid Profile and Noncustodial Profile
- FAFSA, CSS Profile, Noncustodial Profile, one FAFSA Revision, Award Analysis and Appeal Letter if appropriate
- Complete Concierge Services, includes FAFSA, CSS, IDOC preparation and filing, 1 FAFSA revision, College Cost Analyst, Award Evaluation and Analyst and Appeal Letter if appropriate
- A La Carte Services